By Mechthild Gretsch
Read or Download Aelfric and the Cult of Saints in Late Anglo-Saxon England (Cambridge Studies in Anglo-Saxon England) PDF
Best literary gothic & romantic criticism books
First released in 2002. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
India used to be the article of excessive sympathetic challenge through the Romantic interval. yet what was once the genuine nature of inventive engagement with British India? This research explores how a number of authors, from Edmund Burke and Sir William Jones to Robert Southey and Thomas Moore, sought to return to phrases with India's strangeness and distance from Britain.
The Commedia dell'Arte of Flaminio Scala offers a translation and remark of chosen situations composed or gathered by means of the actor-manager Flaminio Scala that have been first released in 1611. Thirty of Scala's 50 eventualities are incorporated, entire with an in depth scene-by-scene research that demonstrates the technique of Italian improvised theatre within the early glossy interval for the needs of analysis in addition to new edition.
Sinister histories is the 1st ebook to provide a close exploration of the Gothic's reaction to Enlightenment historiography. It uncovers hitherto-neglected relationships among fiction and well-known works of eighteenth-century background, finding the Gothic novel in more than a few new interdisciplinary contexts.
- Sir Henry Rider Haggard
- Coleridge and the Abyssinian Maid: Volume 3 (RLE: Wordsworth and Coleridge)
- Encyclopedia of Literary Romanticism (Literary Movements)
- Tracing War in British Enlightenment and Romantic Culture (Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and the Cultures of Print)
- The Postcolonial Intellectual: Ngugi wa Thiong’o in Context
- Romantic Bards and British Reviewers: A Selected Edition of Contemporary Reviews of the Works of Wordsworth, Coleridge, Byron, Keats and Shelley: Volume 14 (Routledge Library Editions: Romanticism)
Additional resources for Aelfric and the Cult of Saints in Late Anglo-Saxon England (Cambridge Studies in Anglo-Saxon England)
Aelfric and the Cult of Saints in Late Anglo-Saxon England (Cambridge Studies in Anglo-Saxon England) by Mechthild Gretsch